Want to work for VICE? Interested in creating podcasts? Then this is your Shot!Brent • London • Shot started • Internship Work
About this shot
As part of Brent's Borough of Culture 2020 programme, VICE are looking for a Researchers to join their Podcast team.
As a researcher, you'll form a key part of their team - and you'll be joining at an exciting time. The role will be based in location in Brent, as well as in VICE's Shoreditch office.
As a Podcast Researcher need to have a real passion for Podcasts as you'll be involved in the whole creation process as it evolves and grows... However you won't need specific Podcast experience - as you'll be working alongside an experienced Podcast Producer who can support you in learning about this platform.
So what's expected of you? To be considered for the role you will...
- Have a good, in-depth knowledge of youth culture.
- Have some previous experience in video documentary, radio or podcast research
- Have a level of skill or experience developing ideas, writing scripts and editing briefs.
As a Researcher you'll also be an effective and sensitive communicator, ideally with experience of working with young contributors... Key responsibilities as part of your role will include:
- Organising logistics for podcast recordings on location.
- Liaising between Producers, Hosts, Contributors and Production teams.
- Attending the recordings, managing contributor's schedules and assisting the Producer with editorial tasks.
- Fact checking stories and contributors and researching and verifying archive materials.
The Podcast Researcher position will...
- Last for 1 month initially, with potential to extend.
- Be based in Brent and Shoreditch.
- Offer a salary dependant on your experience.
- Be for a start in August.
As a Researcher you'll also be recognised and expected to act as an ambassador for Vice at all times.
So if you like the sound of all the above just click below to start your application by telling us (in 140 words max) your content ideas along with thoughts about format for a current affairs podcast aimed at 18-25 year-olds.
Look forward to hearing from you - Take Your Shot
No bank details needed and it’s simple to join up. Just tell us a few things about yourself.
See opportunities available around you right now, or view Shots available in other places of interest.
Get direct & unrestricted access to unique opportunities across the UK.
Stay up to date on the newest opportunities available from leading brands, business and organisations.