Want to build your social media skills? - Well here’s your chance - we’re looking for an internLondon Borough of Waltham Forest • London • Shot ended • Internship Learn
About this shot
We're changing the way we do things for young people and we want your help to make the change properly.
We are looking for a Social Media Intern to support the management of our new social media hub, and help us connect more young people with opportunities in and around the borough.
Working 1-2 days a week initially, the role will allow for a flexible style of working. A mixture of working onsite at the new Town Hall offices, co-working spaces, and the comfort of your on home - or wherever you want.
Check out our hub here: http://www.slenky.me/hub/waltham-forest
As a Social Media Intern you'll...
- Post Shots (opportunities) on the platform and support with the management of the Waltham
- Meet with different departments and teams across the council to help them create and upload
- Create templates and guidelines to help others to upload Shots
- Monitor Shot applications - and help identify the best/most suitable candidates/responses
- Collect stories and videos from different departments and teams to use as blogs and digital
- Raise awareness of our blog posts and support creation of blogs for promotion on Slenky
- Identify suitable Shots and content to pull from other hubs on Slenky
- Identify ways to increase awareness of Shots amongst young people in the borough
- Track key data and analytics on a monthly basis and provide updates to the team
- Get to work as part of a professional team - creating a new way of working at Waltham Forest
- Gain great experience to add to your CV or LinkedIn profile
- Learn and share social media expertise and ideas with others team members
- Develop key skills and knowledge working with colleagues and meeting external partners
So if you are a confident user of social media - whether that's on Twitter, Instagram Snapchat or Facebook - this is your chance to help connect your peers with opportunities they care about and want to see.
No bank details needed and it’s simple to join up. Just tell us a few things about yourself.
See opportunities available around you right now, or view Shots available in other places of interest.
Get direct & unrestricted access to unique opportunities across the UK.
Stay up to date on the newest opportunities available from leading brands, business and organisations.