Volunteer JournalistBang Edutainment • London • Shot ended • Volunteer Work
About this shot
BANG Edutainment is a charity delivering projects for young people aged 8-13 living or going to school in Brent, designed to build their motivation and skills. BANG also delivers activities designed to improve employability and life skills in partnership with sister organisation The Beat London 103.6 FM (formerly BANG Radio), a community-radio station whose distinctive content encompasses urban music and culture.
We are looking for a fast, accurate journalist who is enthusiastic about capturing a good story. You will work closely with our marketing, events, videographer and fundraising volunteers/interns to raise our profile. Your ambitious passion for news, in all its forms and your desire to see young people succeed is needed to:
- Ensure the voices of young people in the community are heard.
- Support the creation of engaging content to be shared on our website, our social media and print
- Devise press releases and research in support of our upcoming crowdfunding campaign.
- Attend relevant events, including our own, for interviews and stories
This is an exciting opportunity for a student or graduate to gain experience in the art of news writing - a great addition to your CV and boost to your career prospects.
- Ideally (but not essential) have a some experience gain at a newspaper, website, agency
- Have an interest in young people, community matters, celebrities and entertainment is paramount for this position.
- Be social media savvy! Technical skills such as video editing, Photoshop would be a PLUS.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as within a team
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills in English
- Be highly organised and have a natural desire to keep things up-to-date.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
Please note that this is an unsalaried post. However, you will be paid expenses, a minimum of £8 per day.
No bank details needed and it’s simple to join up. Just tell us a few things about yourself.
See opportunities available around you right now, or view Shots available in other places of interest.
Get direct & unrestricted access to unique opportunities across the UK.
Stay up to date on the newest opportunities available from leading brands, business and organisations.