Start your 2020 right... Get ahead with this Data Analyst ApprenticeshipBrent • London • Shot started • Job Work
About this shot
Brent Council is committed to the development of talent within the borough and our apprenticeship scheme is just one of the ways we do this. This opportunity is for a Data Analyst Apprenticeship.
You'll be working in the Performance and Management Information team, undertaking a number of roles related to the production of performance information, including data cleansing and statistical reporting.
Under the direction of the Business Intelligence Manager you will:
- Help to improve data driven decision making capabilities by developing visually compelling and meaningful dashboards and reports
- Create high impact visualisations and data stories that translate complex data into valuable and actionable insights
- Work with service areas to ensure adherence to the Council’s Data Quality Strategy
Key functionalities of the apprenticeship include:
- Supporting departmental improvement projects and programmes - undertaking relevant research to
understand problems in order to support the creation of effective solutions.
- Supporting the Children & Young People department’s responses to Freedom of Information Requests,
ensuring that responses are fit for purpose and ensuring that all statutory timelines are met.
- Ensuring that centrally held data is robust and fit for purpose.
- Data analysis to help senior managers to manage continuous improvement through scrutiny of performance data, by identifying potential performance challenges and related causes.
As an apprentice you will gain hands-on experience of Data analysis in Local Government, working as part of a team and assisting in the delivery of quality data reporting within the council.
You will also undertake a comprehensive study programme towards a Level 4 apprenticeship - helping you to gain valuable knowledge and skills which will be an asset to the council and your career. Our apprenticeship scheme offers significant assistance with training and provides the opportunity to improve skills for future career opportunities.
- Keen to learn, you will demonstrate good communication skills, an understanding of good customer service,
team work and an interest in developing a career in Data analysis.
- You will also need to show your interest in local government and the delivery of public services.
We will also be looking for a flexible and positive approach to work.
Qualifications and skills required
- Five GCSEs and/or A levels OR a Level 3 Apprenticeship OR other relevant qualifications and experience
OR an aptitude test with a focus on functional maths.
- Good IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is desirable.
If all the above is of interest please click below to Take Your Shot and start your application.
Brent Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
No bank details needed and it’s simple to join up. Just tell us a few things about yourself.
See opportunities available around you right now, or view Shots available in other places of interest.
Get direct & unrestricted access to unique opportunities across the UK.
Stay up to date on the newest opportunities available from leading brands, business and organisations.