Budding Journalist in the making? This one's for you - ITV News TraineeshipITV • Shot ended • Programme Work
About this shot
ITV News, is offering you the opportunity to join our national and regional news teams. As a trainee journalist you will be working at the heart of our news operation learning all the skills you need to work in one of our multi-media newsrooms.
It’s a big challenge that will demand the very best of you, so you will need to demonstrate a commitment to journalism, have loads of great story ideas and be ambitious.
Our trainees go on to secure roles covering regional, national and international news. The majority stay with us and forge a successful career within ITV, Britain’s most popular commercial broadcaster.
What to expect:
- You will be learning from talented people who want to share their skills and experience with you.
- It’s a fast-paced and challenging environment so you should be ready to work hard and to high
- You will be well supported with regular feedback and guidance.
About The Traineeship:
This is a nine-month programme starting on Monday 1st October 2018 - we will be looking for talented journalists to join our teams in the following locations:
- ITV Anglia(Norwich)
- ITV Central (Birmingham)
- ITV Granada (Media City, Salford)
- ITV Meridian (near Southampton)
- ITV Tyne Tees & Border (Gateshead, near Newcastle)
- ITV West Country (Bristol)
- ITV Yorkshire (Leeds)
- ITV Cymru Wales (Cardiff)
- UTV (Belfast)
- Network Newsroom (London)
- ITV Channel Jersey (St Helier).
You’ll receive a salary of £23,009 pa for all roles outside of London (£24,660 in London) and five weeks annual leave pro-rata’d during the scheme. A very high percentage of those who graduate from the programme have gone on to secure permanent jobs with both ITV News and ITV more widely, although there are no guarantees of continued employment beyond the 9 months.
If this sounds like a the Shot for you just click below to start your application - Take Your Shot.
No bank details needed and it’s simple to join up. Just tell us a few things about yourself.
See opportunities available around you right now, or view Shots available in other places of interest.
Get direct & unrestricted access to unique opportunities across the UK.
Stay up to date on the newest opportunities available from leading brands, business and organisations.