Help us get what we need to keep taking off - Birmingham airport needs you...Birmingham Airport • Birmingham • Shot ended • Job Work
About this shot
Can you help us get what we need to keep taking off?
If you can then Birmingham airport needs you... We're looking for someone to join our team as a Procurement Assistant. Take a quick look below to get an idea of what that means and what we're on the look out for.
As a Procurement Assistant within Birmingham Airport's Procurement Team, a key part of your role will be to support the Procurement Manager and provide administrative support to other members of the Procurement Team.
As part of the team you'll also be involved in supporting and managing part of the systems we use - in order to keep things running smoothly and ensure that there is a clear understanding of how our processes fit in with the wider work of Birmingham Airport as a whole.
Some of your key tasks will include:
- Supporting Birmingham Airport's Procurement Strategy
- Providing business analysis and information - using spreadsheets and presentation tools
- Working as a key member of the Procurement Team
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative support to the Procurement team
- Advising appropriate line managers with low value/low risk procurement activities.
- Ensuring appropriate procurement processes are followed.
- Utilising the finance system to generate reports and review supplier spend
- Liaising with suppliers/contractors and other third parties in order to achieve positive outcomes
- Identifying opportunities for improving Procurement processes
- Managing and maintaining the Procurement Department 'Sharepoint' page
The following skills and experience will also be beneficial to the position...
- Self-motivation, ability to plan ahead and organise your work/schedule
- Working with clients/stakeholders of different levels and knowledge
- Data analysis & reporting
- Working in a deadline driven environment as part of a small focused team
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
... you'll also need to have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. (knowledge of Sharepoint or any other bespoke IT system would be great - but is not essential.) This is a full-time, paid position with a competitive salary.
So if you're interested in finding out more about how the information above... and you're a confident, motivated and friendly individual with a positive attitude, then we want to hear from you - you might be exactly who our team is looking for.
You can start by simply telling us in 140 words 'Why you would be interested in joining Birmingham Airport as a Procurement Assistant?'
So go ahead, click below to find out more and Take Your Shot at joining us as a Procurement Assistant.
No bank details needed and it’s simple to join up. Just tell us a few things about yourself.
See opportunities available around you right now, or view Shots available in other places of interest.
Get direct & unrestricted access to unique opportunities across the UK.
Stay up to date on the newest opportunities available from leading brands, business and organisations.