Empower. Inspire. Create Change... as an Assistant Agency Facilitator at The Kiln Theatre.Slenky • London • 23 days 23 hours • Programme Work
About this shot
This is a significant moment for Kiln Theatre, a year on from re-opening and in anticipation of next year’s Brent London Borough of Culture 2020, we are looking for Assistant Facilitators to support the planning, delivery and evaluation of ‘The Agency’ - our weekly workshops with young people aged 15-25.
The Agency is a national, celebrated social change programme. As an Assistant Facilitator you'll support the delivery of the active, engaging programme of sessions across the Borough of Brent.
As an Assistant Facilitator for stage one of the project you'll also...
- Assist the Lead Facilitator in planning, delivery and evaluation of the weekly Agency sessions (groups of up to 20 young people) from January 2020 – August 2020
- Create a welcoming, inspiring environment where participants feel safe and motivated
- Attend regular meetings with The Agency’s Project Manager and wider team
- Help plan and run a weekly 2-hour session per week to support participants with research/projects.
- Provide your Project Manager with weekly Session Plans on Monday prior to Wednesday session
- Create weekly content to support the documentation of the progress of the young people and the process as a whole.
- Support the social media campaign around The Agency i.e. taking photographs / uploading content to social media during sessions / writing short weekly blogs
- Support Kiln Theatre’s other community based Creative Engagement events
- Help to identify networks for them to connect with (and set up meetings where appropriate)
- Help to identify future funding opportunities and methods of sustainability for their projects
- Encourage and support them to work more autonomously and ensure they have the skills needed to complete further projects independently
- Oversee all planning and budget documents for their projects
- Be present at Agents' meetings with Kiln staff and industry experts
- Support with documentation of all of the Agents’ projects
*Both the Lead Facilitator and the Project Manager will be available for you to discuss the aims mentioned above along with any concerns that arise regarding additional support needs.
As well as being confident and enthusiastic about working with young people, you'll need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- A passion and desire to empower and help young people to create positive change in their lives and wider community
- Good communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with a range of different people
- An understanding of the challenges facing young people today
- An ability to problem solve and develop creative solutions
- A proven track record of being committed and reliable when working with young people
- Some experience of facilitation (is beneficial/helpful)
- Experience in working with local communities (is beneficial/helpful)
- A valid enhanced DBS disclosure or willingness to complete an enhanced DBS check (Essential)
Key Dates and Contract Period
- Cycle 1: (12 weeks) 11 Jan, 2020 – 1 Apr, 2020
- Cycle 2: (16 weeks) 22 Apr, 2020 – 5 Aug, 2020 (exact session dates will be confirmed by 31 Jan 2020)
- Training dates: 25 – 27 Nov, 2019
- Weekly session times: Saturdays 11am-5pm Wednesdays 5.30pm-7.30pm
- Team meeting: Wednesday 3pm-4.30pm
*You will also need to be available for training in London on Monday 11th, Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th November 2019.
- 28 weeks of delivery (two sessions per week) at £220 per week
- 6 days prep and evaluation at £120 per day
- 3 days training at £120 per day
Other benefits include complimentary tickets for preview theatre performances, where available.
So if you'd like to find out more or get involved and apply just click below and Take Your Shot.
No bank details needed and it’s simple to join up. Just tell us a few things about yourself.
See opportunities available around you right now, or view Shots available in other places of interest.
Get direct & unrestricted access to unique opportunities across the UK.
Stay up to date on the newest opportunities available from leading brands, business and organisations.