Become a Trailblazer for the Borough of culture 2020Brent • Shot started • Volunteer Explore
About this shot
Being an LBOC Trailblazer is all about working collaboratively with the London Borough of Culture 'Volunteer Coordinator' to help shape the ideas that feed directly into the 2020 programme.
You’ll play a key role in welcoming new volunteers to the programme - recruiting and inducting them, helping the team to develop learning resources, and create amazing experiences.
As part of the team you'll also learn all about the operational element of setting up a new programme, whilst also developing your own personal and professional skills.
What does the role involve?
- Supporting with the creation of a volunteer handbook
- Carrying out user testing sessions/running surveys and gathering feedback
- Supporting the development of the volunteer training, development and social programme
You'll also help to recruit and welcome new volunteers by…
- Supporting with orientation sessions
- Supporting volunteer recruitment and selection days
- Supporting with delivery of digital training sessions for the volunteer portal
What training and support will you receive?
- Volunteer Orientation Session (see dates below)
- Training in the Online Digital Platform
- Recruitment & Interviewing Skills Training
- How to Deliver a Training Workshop and Presentation Skills
Orientation dates are as follow: Saturday 20 July 10.30am—1.30pm / Sunday 21 July 10.30am—1.30pm / Thursday 25 July 5—8pm / Friday 26 July 10am—1pm
*Any travel via public transport between your home address and event locations can be reimbursed. Just keep hold of your receipts.
So if you like the sound of the details above and want to get involved, just click below and Take Your Shot - don't forget to check your emails after you've applied.
No bank details needed and it’s simple to join up. Just tell us a few things about yourself.
See opportunities available around you right now, or view Shots available in other places of interest.
Get direct & unrestricted access to unique opportunities across the UK.
Stay up to date on the newest opportunities available from leading brands, business and organisations.