Huge Fashion Show & Concert - We Want 2 Young Lighting Technicians on the TeamStephen Arthur • Birmingham • 21 days 18 hours • Hands-on Work
About this shot
A fashion brand committed to developing skills and exploring new technologies whilst working with a wide range of notable professionals, Stephen Arthur is in search of 2 Light Technicians to be a part of an unusual and exciting fashion show taking place on the 14th of April 2017.
Birmingham is shutting down an entire city centre street for us to host a huge concert-based fashion show featuring other designers and with up to 1200 guests.There'll also be an after party that, as a team member, of course you'll be invited to and the event will be covered by Elle Magazine
The role will entail the running of all lighting for our show which consists of productions including collaborations with other partners, and. Programming lighting consoles to a high standard. Creating practical effects.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To set up, programme and operate lighting consoles during production rehearsals and performances and function at an advanced level.
- Assist where appropriate in research and development activities relating to control platforms.
- The rigging, focusing and operation of all necessary equipment for the fashion event.
- To prepare practical light fittings and effects as may be required for productions and special events.
- To investigate appropriate solutions to the demands of the production.
- To work effectively with a diverse range of Lighting Designers and members of the creative team finding innovative ways to realise the ambitions of the production.
- To ensure a safe and tidy environment in all working areas within the department and the building.
- Other duties within reason as directed by the Head of Lighting or Production Manager.
- To keep abreast of the advances in technologies and techniques in the industry and look to develop and share your skills with your colleagues.
- Previous experience in events, ideally in a producing live shows or equivalent with experience in lighting control. Experience in rigging and focusing of luminaries and other equipment.
- A good working knowledge of fundamental electrical practice and theory.
- Good communication skills including understanding and responding to visual, oral and written instructions.
- An ability and confidence to work at height using appropriate access equipment safely.
- Experience of contemporary lighting techniques.
- A committed and engaged approach to realising creative concepts..
- The ability to work under pressure alone or as part of an effective, creative and technically proficient team.
- An open mind to new and different ways of working and the ability to acquire new skills when needed
No bank details needed and it’s simple to join up. Just tell us a few things about yourself.
See opportunities available around you right now, or view Shots available in other places of interest.
Get direct & unrestricted access to unique opportunities across the UK.
Stay up to date on the newest opportunities available from leading brands, business and organisations.